Marlborough will be Rising again between Friday 9 and Sunday 11 August when Marlborough Rising returns with a heady mix of different music genres, offering something for every taste and spread across three venues in the town.
Marlborough Rugby: Resounding victory over local rivals Swindon to close a very successful season at the new higher level
Marlborough 34 - 24 Swindon
On a rich vein of form with five wins from six, Head Coach Elisi Vunipola’s men faced a struggling Swindon side in their last game of the 2018/2019 campaign. The supporters enjoyed a feast of rugby, with the Firsts kicking off at 2.30pm and the Seconds kicking off their crucial game at 3.00pm. It was a great weekend for Marlborough Rugby as the Colts also triumphed, this time at neutral Frome where they beat Yeovil Colts to win the Dorset and Wiltshire Colts Plate final by 23-7.
This weekend is full of exciting events as part of Marlborough’s Record Store Day celebrations - Saturday, April 13.
The Queen was at Newbury Racecourse for the second day of the Dubai Duty Free Spring Trials Weekend. She watched three of her horses race - gaining a second place on the score sheet.
It’s all very well demanding that Wiltshire Council declares a Climate Emergency but what can it actually do? The reaction of several councillors was a request that we set out concrete, practical steps. That seems reasonable to me and here are some ideas.
Young patients on the Children’s Ward at Great Western Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust can now travel to surgery in style thanks to the donation of a brand new mini Tesla car - electric of course.
Marlborough will be featured in the 'Britain in Bloom' series on BBC2 this coming Saturday (13 April) at 5pm.
More Articles ...
- Marlborough Rugby Club Summer Ball steps up to new large venue with Rick Parfitt Jnr's RPJ headlining
- Marlborough Golf Club taken over by 160 primary school pupils in golf 'taster' event
- A Stone Circle for the 21st Century
- Nigel and Joy celebrate 50 golden years with a Sumbler’s roast promise
- St John’s students win a day at ‘The Times’ as first prize in media competition
- NHS's local level changes: after restructuring comes reconfiguration and a new acronym - the PCN
- Local police campaign against hare coursing needs the public's help
- The Marlborough clean-up - four litter picking events to make the town tidier
- "The Storm": James Wilton's energetic dance company investigates mental health issues
- 'Welcome to the House of Fun' - Councillors determined to make the Annual Town Meeting an engaging evening for Marlborough residents
- How Wiltshire Council is facing life after 1 April 2019
- Marlborough still top for shops in a National survey
- Rankin, Duffy and Harris: three big name signings for LitFest 2019 - authors of three enticing books
- A senior GP's radical plan for the NHS - while the health system's tectonic plates are moving with unaccustomed speed
- Councillors defiant and indignant as Boundary Commission turns a deaf ear to Marlborough's response to the proposed changes
- Marlborough faith group visits Swindon Muslims in solidarity following the terrorist atrocity in New Zealand
- Marlborough Rugby: Resounding victory for Marlborough at local rivals Royal Wootton Bassett
- Pewsey Vale School receives a boost to IT facilities with laptop donation
- 2…4…6…8… save our planet, it’s not too late St John’s students join youth climate strike and march
- A first league championship for Marlborough Youth Football Club U14s
- Wheatsheaf fundraising revamps playground for Chilton Foliat Primary School
- One-way traffic round The Green gets the elbow - but there is still a problem of parking & access
- ‘Wish me luck as you wave me goodbye’… baby trout released into the Kennet
- If you dream it…you can do it at the Primary Schools’ Dance Festival
- Triple sporting success for Ramsbury Primary School
- Outdoor education: Wiltshire College pulls out of deal to take on Braeside’s courses
- Local schools raise money for Comic Relief
- Rugby playing kids in Tonga will now grow up in Marlborough kit
- New Principal at St. John’s shares his Wildly Important Goals
- Marlborough gears up for new season of in Bloom - and watch last year's success on BBC2
- Marlborough.news' new columnist: Professor Dave Waltham - geophysicist & climate change campaigner
- New Road Centre: Wiltshire Council suspends ending grant & Councillor apologises for the upset caused
- New Road Centre loses its Wiltshire Council grant - but is determined to stay open
- Marlborough Rugby: Resilient Marlborough too strong for Oxford Harlequins in tough battle on The Common
- Marlborough business woman selected as LibDem's Devizes constituency candidate for next General Election
- Wiltshire Council's sell-off of assets & buildings raises at least £31,546,000 - and counting
- Dismay at two care centres' future prospects after Wiltshire Council cuts
- Beautiful garden springs to life at Marlborough St Mary’s
- Local schools celebrate World Book Day in style
- Marlborough's new NHS dentist to open in Hughenden Yard in May
- Wiltshire Council cuts grants to two Marlborough day care centres : Mayor's response
- Lent traditions alive and well in Lockeridge
- Rare ABBA memorabilia to be auctioned at the Marlborough & District Lions ABBA Tribute Night
- Marlborough celebration for the successful return of the Great Bustard to Wiltshire
- Double celebration and acclaim for Marlborough artists
- Marlborough's Mencap group look forward to a day out funded by Waitrose's Green Token scheme
- CHELTENHAM FESTIVAL PREVIEW: the great draw in Ogbourne Maizey is the well fancied hurdler Paisley Park
- From police station to medical centre : Warwick shows the way
- February's weather in Marlborough: record temperatures, but for rainfall a month of two halves
- Pelham 1, 2, 3 Kingsbury Street: blue plaque unveiled to commemorate what would have been Bob Pelham's 100th birthday