Last Friday, March 15, six St John’s Year 12 students missed school to join the second #Youthstrike4Climate in London. More than fifteen thousand students gathered in Parliament Square and marched via Downing Street to Buckingham Palace.
This year Marlborough is aiming high: the 'Champion of Champions' Cup' in the Royal Horticultural Society's 'South West in Bloom' competition.
Staff at Marlborough's New Road Centre are still in shock over Wiltshire Council's decision to 'terminate' their annual grant at the end of May. LATE NEWS: later on Monday (March 11) Wiltshire Council announced a change of policy: "Wiltshire Council has confirmed that 12 community friendship clubs for disabled people will continue to get funding for 2019/20, with a new funding model announced last week put on hold." Fuller story follows tomorrow.
Following the decision in January to back double yellow lines around The Green, Marlborough Town Council's Planning Committee (March 18) were faced with a further proposal - to make the route round The Green into a one-way road.
Professor Dave Waltham is a geophysicist - he teaches and researches at London University's Royal Holloway College and he lives in Marlborough and has started a new column for marlborough.news.
Marlborough Rugby: Resilient Marlborough too strong for Oxford Harlequins in tough battle on The Common
Marlborough 27 - 13 Oxford Harlequins
After a narrow defeat to fellow promotion candidates Old Centralians last weekend, Marlborough hosted 9th placed Oxford Harlequins at The Common. The last time the two sides met, Marlborough came out on top, albeit in a very competitive game. The sun was shining, but the cold howling wind still meant hats and scarves for the fans.
This week it was the turn of Baydon St Nicholas Primary School to release the baby trout they had cared for since January into the River Kennet. The children and teachers donned waders to join Anna Forbes and Sean Dempster from Action for the River Kennet in the river at Axford.
Wiltshire College has decided not to take on the outdoor education service Wiltshire Council has run at Braeside in Devizes - another Council scheme for saving money that has come partially unstuck.
New Road Centre: Wiltshire Council suspends ending grant & Councillor apologises for the upset caused
Staff and volunteers at twelve 'friendship clubs' for vulnerable adults across Wiltshire - including Marlborough's New Road centrte - are breathing sighs of relief this morning (March 12) after Wiltshire Council - making a policy U-turn - suspended the 'termination' of their grants. Giving them all a full year's grant for 2019/2020.
Marlborough business woman selected as LibDem's Devizes constituency candidate for next General Election
.Jo Waltham - a Marlborough business woman and mum - has been selected as the Liberal Democrats' prospective parliamentary candidate for the Devizes constituency at the next General Election
More Articles ...
- Wiltshire Council's sell-off of assets & buildings raises at least £31,546,000 - and counting
- Dismay at two care centres' future prospects after Wiltshire Council cuts
- Beautiful garden springs to life at Marlborough St Mary’s
- Local schools celebrate World Book Day in style
- Marlborough's new NHS dentist to open in Hughenden Yard in May
- Wiltshire Council cuts grants to two Marlborough day care centres : Mayor's response
- Lent traditions alive and well in Lockeridge
- Rare ABBA memorabilia to be auctioned at the Marlborough & District Lions ABBA Tribute Night
- Marlborough celebration for the successful return of the Great Bustard to Wiltshire
- Double celebration and acclaim for Marlborough artists
- Marlborough's Mencap group look forward to a day out funded by Waitrose's Green Token scheme
- CHELTENHAM FESTIVAL PREVIEW: the great draw in Ogbourne Maizey is the well fancied hurdler Paisley Park
- From police station to medical centre : Warwick shows the way
- February's weather in Marlborough: record temperatures, but for rainfall a month of two halves
- Pelham 1, 2, 3 Kingsbury Street: blue plaque unveiled to commemorate what would have been Bob Pelham's 100th birthday
- Another step forward in reorganising Wiltshire's NHS : a few steps further and the NHS will be coping with Brexit
- "Please listen to us…" St. John’s student appeals to Wiltshire Council over the future of St.Peter’s School building
- Sustainable Living Event coming to a village hall near you…
- Kenneth Armitage at the White Horse Gallery - challenges and delights
- Town Hall charity ball raises £13,000 for Sarcoma UK
- Swindon Choral Society return to Marlborough College Chapel - & soprano Leigh Michelow returns to Marlborough
- Hughenden Yard: Marlborough’s ‘Packaging Not Included’ is a big hit with shoppers
- 'Beating the Bounds' - 12-mile Spring Boundary Walk around Marlborough to raise funs for Marlborough Lions
- Waitrose theft: Man arrested in Chiseldon
- An impassioned plea for freedom & justice: Ben Okri to be Marlborough LitFest 2019’s Golding Speaker
- Widespread use of 'Drug wipes' by Police leads to a big increase in drug driving arrests
- Rabley Wood View development: Developer promises 40% 'affordable housing' but no replacement play area for at least two years
- Merchant's House granted a further seven year lease at a peppercorn rent
- Marlborough Rugby: Skill, grit and togetherness see Marlborough against unbeaten Newbury on The Common
- Marlborough Youth Football Club get 'Bags of Help' equipment for the Youth Centre courtesy of Tesco and the Town Council
- Climate crisis banner appears on Marlborough’s Town Hall
- Oscar putts in the effort to win Marlborough Golf Club’s Junior of the Year award
- Breakfast, lunch and dinner at Pewsey’s Good Food Garage
- St John's student wins a place in the final of UK Bebras Computational Thinking Challenge
- Marlborough area's growing infrastructure deficit: is St John's losing out?
- Marlborough Rugby: Narrow victory for Marlborough on The Common as visitors miss last minute drop goal
- Kennet Valley pupils feel the rhythm…
- St. John’s students rise to the robot challenge - with help from Redrow
- Pies, glorious pies….Marlborough’s newest take away
- Chilton Foliat Primary School and village formally welcome new headteacher
- World War One commemorative wood planted on Marlborough Common
- Kennet Valley Primary School pupils learn about Brexit
- Wiltshire Council's budget for 2019-2020 means massive savings and cuts
- 3…2…1…ignition! Pewsey Primary pupils count down with astronaut George for a space adventure
- May the Force be with you - Robert Watts visits Marlborough College to share experiences from the other side of the Star Wars lens
- Life after GCSEs – Pewsey Vale students follow their dreams
- Sourdough arrives in Marlborough with Rudies micro-bakery
- Marlborough's January weather: what came before the snow was pretty dry, but not as pretty as the snow
- Marlborough under snow...
- Creating a buzz…Collingbourne Primary pupils colour their way to the top