It was announced earlier today that Jane Davies, Wiltshire Councillor for Marlborough west has been appointed to the post of Cabinet Member for Adult Social Care, SEND, Transition and Inclusion in new leader Richard Clewer’s first Cabinet.
It’s also the first time that a Marlborough Wiltshire Councillor has held a senior Cabinet role. Aldbourne and Ramsbury Councillor, James Sheppard has been reappointed to the role of Vice Chair of the Council.
Cllr Davies told marlborough.news: “I am naturally, delighted to accept a position on the Cabinet of Wiltshire Council. The role is important and I will work hard to support vulnerable adults and children in Wiltshire. I remain very committed to my role as Marlborough Councillor and look forward to working with the Town and Parish Councils and local residents.”
The full list of Cabinet appointees are:
- Cllr Richard Clewer, Leader of the Council with responsibility for MCI, Economic Development, Heritage, Arts, Tourism and Health and Wellbeing
- Cllr Laura Mayes, Deputy Leader with responsibility for Children’s Services, Education and Skills
- Cllr Nick Botterill, Cabinet Member for Development Control, Strategic Planning and Climate Change
- Cllr Pauline Church, Cabinet Member for Finance & Procurement, Commissioning, IT, Digital and Commercialisation
- Cllr Mark McClelland, Cabinet Member for Transport, Waste, Street Scene and Flooding
- Cllr Jane Davies, Cabinet Member for Adult Social Care, SEND, Transition and Inclusion
- Cllr Phil Alford, Cabinet Member for Housing, Strategic Assets and Asset Transfer
- Cllr Ian Blair-Pilling, Cabinet Member for Leisure, Libraries, Governance, Facilities Management and Operational Assets
- Cllr Simon Jacobs, Cabinet Member for Public Health, Public Protection, Licensing, Staffing, Communities and Area Boards
- Cllr Nabil Najjar, Portfolio Holder for Arts, Heritage and Tourism
- Cllr Peter Hutton, Portfolio Holder for Safeguarding
- Cllr Dominic Muns, Portfolio Holder for Education
- Cllr Tamara Reay, Portfolio Holder for Climate Change
- Cllr Kevin Daley, Portfolio Holder for Transport
- Cllr Suzanne Wickham, Portfolio Holder for SEND
- Cllr Nick Holder, Portfolio Holder for Adults
- Cllr Robert Yuill, Portfolio Holder for Housing
- Cllr Sven Hocking, Portfolio Holder for Leisure and Libraries
- Cllr Allison Bucknell, Portfolio Holder for Area Boards
Cllr Richard Clewer, Leader of Wiltshire Council, said: “It is a huge honour to be given this responsibility and I’m privileged to lead Wiltshire Council and represent its residents. People can be assured my team and I will work tirelessly to ensure this council delivers for them.
“I’d like to thank my predecessor Cllr Philip Whitehead for expertly and sensitively steering the council and county through the most challenging of times during the COVID-19 pandemic, which brought out the very best in people and our communities. It has demonstrated that the foundations are in place for us to feel optimistic about the future.
“I’ve picked a talented team of people as my Cabinet and Portfolio Holders and we’re all looking forward to working with the council’s leadership team and officers to help achieve our collective vision.
“We have a lot of work ahead of us to help Wiltshire recover following COVID-19 and its undoubted impact going forward, but we will support residents and businesses to thrive so that Wiltshire continues to provide opportunities and be a place that people want to live, work, and visit.
“As well as the recovery work, the climate emergency will rightly continue to be at the heart of our decision making.”