Would you like to be part of the next chapter in the future of The Merchant’s House Trust?
The Trust was established 30 years ago to conserve and preserve the Grade II* home of Thomas Bayly, a silk merchant who built the house in 1656. Today the Trust is managed by a Board of Trustees, who are supported by an office-based team and volunteers.
We are looking for Trustees to join our Board. We welcome applications from people with a wide range of skills, but we are particularly looking for people with:
- Experience in Historic Buildings and interpretation of Heritage
- Fundraising expertise
- Knowledge of the law with particular reference to charities
- Human Resources expertise
The Merchant’s House Trust is a registered charity and company limited by guarantee and so prospective trustees must be eligible to act as trustee and as a company director. Further details on these responsibilities can be found here
- Charity Commission: https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/the-essential-trustee-what-you-need-to-know-cc3
- Companies house: https://www.gov.uk/guidance/being-a-company-director
Our trustees must also comply with the charity’s policies. This is a non-paid position.
Closing date: 30th May 2022