Moves are afoot to create a new Residents Association to cover an area comprising College Fields, Manton Hollow, Barton Park and adjacent stretch of the A4.
Marlborough News has been informed that the Residents’ Association will be properly constituted and every household will be invited to join (and have a vote) so that everyone’s opinion can be expressed.
The group have also confirmed that “All RA members will be invited to meetings whenever there appears to be a matter of local interest.”
They also informed Marlborough.news that a number of issues are emerging which may be of general interest or directly affect residents, which include:
- agreeing what facilities we want on the Public Open Space (site of the community picnic) and how it looks;
- discussing the new plan for the area up to 2036 being prepared by Wiltshire Council and to be published soon;
- discussing the Neighbourhood Plan which will also be published in the next 6 months;
- opportunities for footpath links around the area, local speed limits, and better air quality, among others.
Overall the area comprises more than 1,000 residents greater than 10% of the total Town population – and the organisers are keen to point out that grouped together as an Association, they will be better together than any individual as they are all voters(!).
They added that:
- A Residents Association can help to focus the views of the local community on a range of issues and can make comments supported by other Association members.
- A Residents Association can apply for grants eg for tree planting, or for improved local facilities.
A public meeting will be held shortly with the aim of establishing the Residents Association and all residents in the area set out will be invited and are encouraged to join the meeting.