Great Bedwyn CofE School requires a part time Minibus Driver
Salary SCP 6 – £10.39 per hour
Hours – 2 Days per week 7.45am – 9am; 2.45pm-4pm (5 hours per week term time only)
Contract – Permanent / Term Time only – this job can be done as a job share, all applications considered.
Start Date – ASAP
We reserve the right to interview candidates prior to the closing date.
Great Bedwyn CofE School is an ‘Outstanding’ village school set on the edge of the Savernake Forest within the Marlborough cluster of schools.
This vacancy presents a great opportunity to play an integral part of the school’s operation helping to ensure that the pupils are picked up and dropped off during the school minibus service runs. It would suit someone who is looking to achieve a work life balance with working hours at the beginning of the day and mid afternoon. Driving experience in similar roles would be an advantage but not a necessity as MIDAS training will be given. You must have a clean driving licence.
You will be a proven team player, have excellent communication skills, with children in particular, and be prepared to use initiative on occasions. You will be prepared to take on any necessary training.
Appointment will be subject to:
• Enhanced Disclosure from the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS),
• Two satisfactory references
• Proof you have the right to work in the UK and
• Satisfactory completion of MIDAS training.
Duties will include:
• Carry out a check of the minibus before each journey.
• Driving a school minibus on the pickup routes.
• Ensure safety of children when they embark, are on board, and when they disembark the vehicle.
• Daily inspection of vehicle to ensure Health and Safety requirements are in place.
• Minor maintenance and cleaning of vehicles (if required).
• Security of the vehicle
• Adhere to school minibus driving policy
You will have a range of experience and /or training in most of the following:
• You will display good communication skills with children of all ages and all adults.
• Driving mini buses – MIDAS trained will be an advantage but this training will be arranged for the right candidate if not already held.
• Working alone and with children.
• Minor daily maintenance of vehicles (if necessary).
• Applicants will need to have a clean current driving licence.
Please contact the school office for further information on tel: 01672 870482 or
Or visit the School website www.greatbedwynprimaryschool.co.uk
Excalibur Academies Trust is an equal opportunities employer. The Trust is proud to serve a diverse student and parent community. The aims of the Trust’s recruitment policy are to ensure that the best possible staff are recruited on the basis of their merits, abilities and suitability for the position; to ensure that all job applicants are considered equally and consistently; to ensure that no job applicant is treated unfairly on any grounds including race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion or religious belief, sex or sexual orientation, marital or civil partner status, gender reassignment, disability or age; and to ensure that the School meets its commitment to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people by carrying out all necessary pre-employment checks