Now in their fifth year, Wiltshire’s sports awards are underway with a call for nominations. The awards have 12 categories recognising and honouring the work and achievements of the county’s many athletes, sports clubs, volunteers and coaches.
The top three from each award category will be invited to the finale event in County Hall’s Atrium on October 22. It will be hosted by former England rugby captain Phil de Glanville.
The awards will be judged in 12 categories:
• Sports personality of the year
• Young sports personality of the year
• Sports personality of the year (athlete with a disability)
• Unsung hero of the year
• Long service to sport award
• Young volunteer of the year
• Coach of the year (voluntary)
• Coach of the year (professional)
• Inclusion coach of the year
• Young coach of the year
• Sports club/team of the year
• Most inclusive club of the year
Nominations must be made by Friday, August 1. You can find the awards criteria and make nominations online here.
The awards are sponsored by Landmarc and hosted jointly by Wiltshire Council, Wiltshire Health Improvement Partnership and Wiltshire and Swindon Sport.