East Kennet Primary Care Network(PCN) will receive enough vaccines to enable them to complete the first vaccination for the over 80’s and care home residents by early next week.
Over 80’s, who are registered with the surgeries Burbage, Bedwyn, Ramsbury and Kennet and Avon Medical Partnership(KAMP) and who have not already received the vaccine, will be given an appointment to receive their first jab of the Pfizer vaccine at Pewsey Surgery. As per Government guidelines the second jab will be given 3 months later.
Residents in local care-homes will receive a first jab of the Oxford-AstraZeneca vaccine due to the difficulties in transporting the Pfizer vaccine which has to be kept refrigerated.
Suzy Deering, Communications Officer at KAMP, told Marlborough.news, “It’s just fantastic. People are delighted and you can feel the relief and excitement when we telephone them to arrange the appointment.
We’re really proud that by early next week East Kennet PCN will have vaccinated all of our over 80’s.”
Appointments are being made using the patient’s preferred telephone number. No letters are being sent. If you need to update your phone number please do so through your surgery’s website. KAMP patients can click here.
More vaccines will be allocated to East Kennet PCN and everyone who is entitled to a vaccine will eventually get one. In the meantime please do not contact your surgery. They will contact you.
The priority list is as follows:
- residents in a care home for older adults and their carers
- all those 80 years of age and over and frontline health and social care workers
- all those 75 years of age and over
- all those 70 years of age and over and clinically extremely vulnerable individuals
- all those 65 years of age and over
- all individuals aged 16 years to 64 years with underlying health conditions which put them at higher risk of serious disease and mortality
- all those 60 years of age and over
- all those 55 years of age and over
- all those 50 years of age and over
The Government has announced today, January 11, that all adults will be vaccinated by autumn 2021.