The first group of over 80’s has been invited to Ramsbury Surgery for the first of their two Covid vaccine jabs at a special clinic later this week.
Suzy Deering, newly appointed Communications Officer at Kennet and Avon Medical Partnership(KAMP), told Marlborough.news, “The East Kennet Primary Care network comprising of Burbage, Bedwyn, Ramsbury and KAMP surgeries are working together to roll out the vaccines. We only heard yesterday morning that the vaccine would be arriving so it’s very short notice. We are scheduling clinics starting at Ramsbury Surgery later this week.
As it’s such short notice, only those over 80’s who have provided their surgery with a mobile phone number and an email address have been invited. “It was too risky to rely on the Christmas post to contact people,” said Suzy. “There’s a good message there. If you don’t think the surgery has your mobile and email details go onto their website and fill in your details. (KAMP patients can click here.)
However, don’t worry, you won’t miss out. More vaccines will be allocated to East Kennet Primary Care Network and everyone who is entitled to a vaccine will eventually get one.
“Please do not phone the surgery,” said Suzy. “We will contact you. We can’t order the vaccines, we just have to wait until they are allocated to us.”
The priority list is as follows:
- residents in a care home for older adults and their carers
- all those 80 years of age and over and frontline health and social care workers
- all those 75 years of age and over
- all those 70 years of age and over and clinically extremely vulnerable individuals
- all those 65 years of age and over
- all individuals aged 16 years to 64 years with underlying health conditions which put them at higher risk of serious disease and mortality
- all those 60 years of age and over
- all those 55 years of age and over
- all those 50 years of age and over