We are looking for a proactive and well organised Duty Manager who will deliver exceptional customer service, encourage fantastic team work and be professional in all areas of the role. Management experience required. Salary £26,000 pro rata.
Applications close on 25th June 2021.
Interviews will take place from 28th June
The Parade Cinema is an independent cinema in the heart of Marlborough, offering an inclusive cinema experience with a diverse film programme alongside an environmentally conscious bar and café serving locally sourced and delicious food & drink.
Purpose of the Role
The Duty Manager will support the General Manager in leading the cinema team on a day-to-day basis in all operational issues, to deliver an exceptional customer experience, grow admissions and control costs, whilst keeping high standards of security, health and safety and food safety. The Duty Manager will deputise for the General Manager in their absence.
- To support the General Manager to manage all aspects of the cinema’s operations on a day-to-day basis ensuring that team delivers an exceptional customer experience.
- Have a pro-active, can do attitude in delivering the best customer experience by maintaining high standards, taking professional pride in how you look and how the cinema looks.
- Encourage the team to grow memberships and admissions in the cinema, in line with budgets
- Have a thorough working knowledge of all products and find opportunities to promote and sell them, including membership, food, and Beverage.
- Act as a point of escalation for any customer queries.
- With the General Manager, manage the recruitment, training, and induction of new cinema staff.
- Provide feedback, training, and coaching to the team to drive talent management and team development.
- Ensure the team is fully knowledgeable on legal compliance and able to effectively perform in their role
- Manage the Employee Relations of the team and ensure that employment legislation is always adhered to.
- Effectively direct, lead and motivate the management team when deputising for the General Manager.
- Delegate tasks and organise a team in a fast-paced bespoke customer service environment.
- Be the first line of technical support.
- Establish and maintain relations with the local community, businesses, and media to enhance the image of the Parade Cinema and to inform them of relevant developments within the cinema, its products, and services as requested by the General Manager as part of our marketing.
- Take responsibility for full site compliance with health and safety, financial and security policies and procedures and audits.
- Be vigilant at all times and know the lines of communication and emergency procedures, taking appropriate action to ensure personal safety and security of both customers and colleagues.
- Be aware of all Health and Safety and licensing requirements to ensure that they are adhered to so that the company’s responsibilities are not compromised.
- Comply with policies and general operational standards and procedures at all times.
- Undertake appropriate training and professional development as determined by your manager.
- Undertake any other duties as may be reasonably required for an efficient cinema operation.
- Proven experience of successfully leading and motivating a team to meet business targets.
- Experience of developing employees and managers through training, coaching, and mentoring.
- Experience of recruiting and managing staff, with an awareness of good HR practice.
- A strong and effective communicator
- Financially aware and successful track record of managing profit & loss accounts.
- Passionate about delivering a premium quality guest experience.
- Flexibility and a ‘can-do’ attitude with a positive and proactive approach to change.
- Professional demeanour, dedicated work ethic, self-motivated, shows initiative & attention-to-detail.
- A genuine and demonstrable interest in film and cinema.
- A drive to make the Parade Cinema the best independent cinema in the UK.
- The willingness to work a variety of shift patterns as required by the business needs, including evenings and weekends.
- Previous experience of running successful marketing campaigns.
- Technology literate
Send your CV and covering letter to David at email@example.com