Teaching Assistant – Physically Impaired Students
Number on Roll: over 1700 with 400 in the Sixth Form
Start Date: asap
Salary: Scale point 6-8
St John’s Marlborough is one of the highest performing academies in the country and a key
member of the highly effective Excalibur Academies Trust. We are looking for an experienced
motivated and enthusiastic Teaching Assistant to join our exceptionally supportive and
passionate SEND team.
• 30 hours per week (term time only) – job share considered
• This fixed term role will be to support the learning of specific students with
additional educational needs
• Maintaining specified student’s targets both in the classroom and in specially designed
• There may also be times when they will be required to support other children in the
class; leading small groups and working with other individuals.
• Assisting the class teacher with the classroom environment and resources.
• Own transport required for alternative provision
• See Job Description for more information.
St John’s has exceptional facilities in a state-of-the-art teaching environment. We are a
Leading Challenge Partners Academy that specialises in innovative approaches to teaching and
learning and is judged by Ofsted as outstanding in every category. We lead our own Teaching
School Alliance and there are numerous opportunities for career progression. Our CPD
offer is an area of excellence.
We believe this is a great opportunity to join a thriving and forward-thinking school.
We look forward to hearing from you if you are interested in this position.
Closing date for applications: Monday 22nd November 2021
Date of interview: w/c 29th November 2021
If you would like to find out more about working at St John’s Marlborough, please follow this link to the recruitment
pages on our website www.stjohns.excalibur.org.uk/about-us/recruitment/
Excalibur Academies Trust is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. All applicants will be subject to a full Disclosure and Barring Service check before appointment is confirmed.