Full Time, Permanent position
37 hours per week over two shift patterns:
10:30 – 18:30 (11:00 Friday) and 13:00 – 21:00 (13:30 Friday)
Start Date: asap
Salary: Scale Points 7-8 – £11.59/£22,369 – £12.02/£22,777
We are seeking to recruit a reliable, enthusiastic, and efficient School Caretaker/Site Supervisor to join our Site Team to be responsible for maintaining our school premises. Please refer to Job Description for full details of the post.
You will support the Site Manager to keep the school a safe and engaging environment for our students to learn in. This will involve carrying out routine preventative maintenance routines and minor repairs.
Other duties will include:
- The security of the School Buildings including locking up and the setting of the alarm system (including problem solving) when required
- Setting up and taking down furniture requirements for Academy events and Hirers
- Carrying out compliance checks
- Driving of school minibus for maintenance or site matters.
The right candidates will:
- Demonstrate previous experience and ‘DIY skills’ to identify, monitor and carry out minor repairs, maintenance and redecoration.
- Demonstrate knowledge of moving and handling procedures and be physically able to carry out the physical tasks of the role (e.g. lifting, shifting, clearing snow etc).
- Demonstrate knowledge of Health & Safety and hygiene procedures and precautions.
- Demonstrate good communication skills that allow effective communication with all levels of school staff, governors, pupils, contractors, and outside users of the school (hirers).
- Have some basic IT skills or be willing to learn them or improve upon them.
- Be willing to work flexibly, if required, to cover other members of the Site Team and the school’s opening hours.
In return we can offer you the following benefits:
- Excellent pension scheme
- Free parking
- Clear onboarding and professional development pathway
- Flexible working opportunities
- Cycle to work scheme
- Free confidential advice, information, and counselling service
- Onsite canteen
- Free use of gym
- A lovely setting to work from
Please contact James Worby, Site Manager, for an informal chat on 01672 519536 (voicemail available) or by email firstname.lastname@example.org To apply please visit the recruitment page on the school website www.stjohns.excalibur.org.uk
Excalibur Academies Trust reserves the right to appoint before the closing date and is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. All applicants will be subject to a full Disclosure and Barring Service check before appointment is confirmed.