Ramsbury Primary School, near Marlborough, is looking to appoint a PE teacher or PE HLTA. The successful candidate should be enthusiastic about the teaching and learning of PE and be someone who can inspire, challenge, motivate and support all children from Reception to Year 6. As our PE teacher, you will teach PE to each class, for either an afternoon or morning and prepare our children for competitions.
Ramsbury Primary School has held the title of ‘Top performing primary school in sport in Wiltshire and Swindon’ for many years, as well as receiving the National School Games Platinum Award, and as such we are able to provide truly exciting opportunities for career progression and challenge for the right candidate.
The position is a permanent contract, for 3 or 4 days per week. We are looking to appoint the right candidate from Higher Level Teaching Assistant (HLTA), to an unqualified teacher to a main scale teacher.
We can offer you:
• Friendly, extremely well-behaved children
• Children who already excel in all sports and who are keen to get even better
• A commitment to high quality continuous professional development
• A happy, supportive and friendly staff team and Governing Body
Our staff and Governors would like someone who:
• is an exemplary HLTA/teacher who adores all sports
• is engaging and creative, bringing learning alive
• is friendly and approachable
• is a team player with good social skills and great ideas
• promotes active parental involvement and links within the community
• is organised, dedicated and hardworking
• has high expectations of themselves and of the children
• likes dressing up on theme days and is not averse to taking part in ‘Ramsbury’s Got Talent’!
We are a very successful one-form entry school situated in a lovely, thriving and supportive village, easily accessible from Swindon (20 minute drive) or East Wiltshire. If you would like to know more about our role, phone calls are very welcomed, as are tours.
Start date: Monday 25 April 2022 or Thursday 1 September 2022
Salary: Wiltshire Council Grade H (HLTA) to MPS
Contract: 3 or 4 days permanent
Closing date: Monday 28 March 2022, at midday. Interviews will take place w/c Monday 4 April 2022
Ramsbury Primary School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. All applicants will be subject to a full Disclosure and Barring Service check before appointment is confirmed.