|Job vacancy title||Full Time Class Teacher for KS1|
|Salary range*||MPS 3-6|
|Contract type||1 year Fixed Term maternity cover|
(to end of 22/33 academic year)
|Commencement date||1st September 2022|
|Advertisement closing date||20th May 2022|
|Interview date (if known)||w/c 23rd May 2022|
|Other important information||ECTs would be considered|
Great Bedwyn School is a popular, vibrant Church of England school, situated in the active, rural village of Great Bedwyn which lies on the Berkshire / Wiltshire border. We are an outstanding one form entry school (Ofsted Dec 2012), where children are supported and developed through our creative curriculum and Christian ethos to become aspirational learners.
We are seeking to appoint a committed, enthusiastic, inspirational teacher to join our experienced team. This is an excellent opportunity for an imaginative team player who puts children at the heart of their teaching so that they achieve both academically and socially.
Previous experience of supporting children with SEND, and knowledge of behaviour and self regulation strategies would be an advantage as well as knowledge of Little Wandle phonetic scheme and approach.
The successful candidate will:
- be an excellent practitioner with high expectation of attainment and progress
- be enthusiastic and able to develop an excellent rapport with pupils
- possess strong interpersonal skills with an ability to communicate well with colleagues, parents and governors
- be fully supportive of our Christian ethos.
We can offer:
- enthusiastic, well-behaved, polite children who are eager and willing to learn
- a school with a strong, caring, Christian ethos
- excellent facilities in a rural location
- friendly, experienced colleagues, committed governors and supportive parents
- opportunities for continuing professional development.
The school is close to both Hungerford (M4 Junction14 is only 15 minutes away) and Swindon (M4 Junction 15 is only 30 minutes away).
Visits to the school are very welcome and encouraged; please arrange by telephoning the school.
For an application form and person specification, please either download from the links page on the school website www.greatbedwynprimaryschool.co.uk/links or contact the school office.
Great Bedwyn C of E School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. All applicants will be subject to a full Disclosure and Barring Service check before appointment is confirmed.