Salary Scale point 4 – 6 £19,264 – £20,043* per annum (*April 2022 pay review pending)
Full Time, Permanent
Start date ASAP
We are seeking to recruit two reliable, enthusiastic and efficient permanent Site Supervisors
to be responsible for maintaining our school premises.
37 hours per week over two shift patterns or we can offer some flexible working:
10:30 – 18:30 (11:00 Friday) and 13:30 – 21:30 (14:00 Friday)
You will support the Site Manager to keep the school a safe and engaging environment for
our students to learn in. This will involve carrying out routine preventative maintenance
routines, minor repairs, cleaning and porterage duties.
Other duties will include:
- The security of the School Buildings including locking up and the setting of the alarm system (including problem solving)
- Setting up and taking down furniture requirements for Academy events and Hirers
- Driving of school minibus for maintenance or site matters.
- See Job Descriptions for more information.
The right candidates will ideally be able to demonstrate, although training will be given:
- Previous maintenance experience and/or previous experience of ‘DIY skills’ or a willingness to learn new skills to identify, monitor and carry out minor repairs, maintenance and redecoration.
- Knowledge of moving and handling procedures and be physically able to carry out the physical tasks of the role (e.g. lifting, shifting, clearing snow etc).
- Basic knowledge of Health & Safety and hygiene procedures and precautions.
- Good communication skills that allow effective communication with all levels of school staff, governors, pupils, contractors and outside users of the school (hirers).
- Be willing to work flexibly, if required, to cover other members of the Site Team and the school’s opening hours.
In return we can offer you the following benefits:
- Excellent pension scheme
- Free parking
- Clear onboarding and professional development pathway
- Flexible working opportunities
- Cycle to work scheme
- Free confidential advice, information and counselling service
- Onsite canteen
- Free use of gym
- A lovely setting to work from
For further information contact Brigid Jones on firstname.lastname@example.org
The school reserves the right to interview perspective candidates before the closing date.
Excalibur Academies Trust is an equal opportunities employer. The Trust is proud to serve
a diverse student and parent community. The aims of the Trust’s recruitment policy are to
ensure that the best possible staff are recruited on the basis of their merits, abilities and
suitability for the position; to ensure that all job applicants are considered equally and
consistently; to ensure that no job applicant is treated unfairly on any grounds including
race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion or religious belief, sex or sexual
orientation, marital or civil partner status, gender reassignment, disability or age; and to
ensure that the School meets its commitment to safeguarding and promoting the welfare
of children and young people by carrying out all necessary pre-employment checks