The latest change to the organisation of the NHS at the local level is the creation of Primary Care Networks. In April we reported the general ideas behind this new initiative.
Marlborough's new Police facility - a 'touch down point' - will be operational as from late September / early October. Wiltshire & Swindon Police and Crime Commissioner, Angus Macpherson has received change of use consent for the premises which was previously Marlborough's Sure Start Centre, closed by Wiltshire Council just over three years ago.
St John's year 8 students get a peek into the life of an English Civil War soldier on the playing fields of Granham Hill
The Royalists and Roundheads of the Civil War arrived on the playing fields of St John's Academy earlier today when as a taster for the Battle of Marlborough re-enactment over the weekend of 27-28 July on The Common, the English Civil War Society came to show Year 8 students what life was like for the soldiers on both sides of the conflict.
The long-term vision of then Mayor, Edwina Fogg back in 2011 finally became reality last night (Monday 1 July) as the renovated public toilet in the Town Hall basement (forever to be known as 'Fogg's Bogs') were formally declared open by the current Mayor, Cllr Mervyn Hall in a ceremony prior to the evening's Council Committee meeting.
More Articles ...
- Cuts to a Wiltshire bus service affect school students beyond the county border
- Living history – Marlborough’s Civil War re-enactment weekend
- Marlborough's dour June: the month was wetter than average, mainly cooler & with high evaporation
- Friday night is belly dancing night for Mayor
- Crowds revel in sunshine and music at sell-out MantonFest - "a big and perfect party"
- St. John’s Academy celebrates student success in national competitions
- Wagon Yard artists prepare for Marlborough Open Studios 2019
- Triple sporting success for Great Bedwyn School in Wiltshire schools’ mini marathon
- Relief for all in sight as Town Hall toilet opening date announced
- Merger process begins for Wiltshire Clinical Commissioning Group
- MantonFest this Saturday (29 June) with Mercury (Queen's top tribute band), T.Rextasy and The Troggs heading the bill
- Marlborough golfers swing into action and raise £1000 for Julia’s House
- Oare Primary's youngest class leads the way towards cutting out plastic waste
- 'bric-a-brac' stall this Saturday to raise funds for Marlborough in Bloom
- Jazz Fest might be gone but Lil' Jimmy Reed is back - at the Town Hall on 2 August
- 600+ signatories demand crossing for the High Street as residents petition the Town Council
- Free coach transport to Armed Forces Day in Salisbury - 29 June
- County Lines Gang Jailed - including men from Marlborough & Burbage
- Private water supplies: do all households realise the possible danger of nitrate pollution?
- St. John’s Academy leads the way in tackling climate change
- Registration open for July's Savernake 10k & 3k fun run
- John Ruskin's bicentenary: Marlborough conference seeks people to host speakers & visitors
- Burglaries at Marlborough coffee shop & jewellers
- ‘Marlborough at War with the King’ – a new book reveals town’s pivotal role in the English Civil War
- Summer Fair extravaganza raises bumper funds for Kennet Valley School
- Our changing NHS: how would you shape the future of your local health services?
- How can GWH cope over the three years it will take to enlarge the hospital?
- Fitting ceremony marks the completion of Ramsbury Airfield project
- Local Olympians complete Snowdonia challenge raising funds for Wiltshire Air Ambulance
- The Parade Cinema: initial work to turn the former Chapel into a cinema has started
- Queen's Birthday Honours: BEM for GWH nurse who transformed care of vulnerable people
- Marlborough honours Eglantyne Jebb, founder of Save the Children, with a new blue plaque
- D-Day75: wreaths laid at site of Marlborough's US Army hospital - and St Mary's bells rung
- Davis Cup stars to hold coaching session at Marlborough Tennis' official opening
- Ramsbury Airfield Remembrance - this Sunday, 9 June at 11am
- Marlborough Rising: Filling the town with music for all tastes over the weekend of 9-11 August - tickets now on sale
- Marlborough's weather: May was cool, but together the three months of Spring were warmer than average
- Enjoy the Great Wiltshire Walk in aid of Julia's House
- New blue plaque for Eglantyne Jebb, founder of Save the Children to be unveiled on 7 June
- Digging to reveal more about Aldbourne's Band of Brothers