Arts & Entertainment
Joe Stilgoe bought the curtain down on the first Marlborough Rising with a set that combined wit and spontaneity with musical expertise and breadth. A superbly entertaining session embracing music from many different and (normally) unrelated genres, but all delivered in his unique, captivating and engaging style and closing after two hours to a standing ovation.
Will they mortgage the future or cut down the family's cherry orchard? Chekhov's very modern drama comes to Ogbourne Maizey
A classic and bittersweet comedy, a touring theatre company with nearly forty years experience and a beautiful garden in Ogbourne Maizey - this production of The Cherry Orchard by the Miracle Theatre company from Cornwall is a must see event in July.
St Mary's in Great Bedwyn to host Summer Concert by world famous Cambridge choir to raise funds for restoration
On Tuesday 3 July Great Bedwyn's Grade I listed church, St Mary's, will be hosting the Choir of Gonville & Caius College, Cambridge who will be presenting ‘Music on a Summer’s Evening’ with all proceeds going to the Friends of Great Bedwyn Church’s appeal for the funding of structural repairs to the roof and church fabric.
Marlborough Open Studios, now in its twenty third year, will be holding its Preview Show from June 7 to June 10 at The Mount House Gallery, Bath Road, from 10am to 5pm each day.
More Articles ...
- It's not every day that a work of art drives into Marlborough High Street
- How 30 years of Art Fund support has helped Wiltshire Museum tell the county's story
- No Lottery grant yet for proposed Swindon museum & art gallery - Trust still aim to deliver new home for town's art collections
- Make a date to see a bus that catches the essence of pop art - catch it in Marlborough High Street
- St John's stages sell-out production of 'Annie'
- What was going on in Aldbourne last month? It's Azal & Bok's return to Devil’s End
- Justin Cook's Oil Gallery holds an end of year exhibition of selected artists
- "Whip crack-away! Whip crack-away! Whip crack-away!" - Stagecoach Marlborough expands under new management
- The sixth series of Brilliant Young Musicians begins this month - more musical treats for Marlborough audiences
- Methera Chamber Folk Group to play at Tidcombe Church: “Putting the sparkle back into tradition”
- Marlborough provides Any Port in a Storm for new Gifford's Circus show
- It's a Saturday date for Single by Sunday: young Scots group headlines Pewsey Music Festival
- Wiltshire Museum's new gallery space to attract exhibitions from national museums
- Recreating Jane Austen’s World - Aldbourne couple feature in BBC Documentary
- Toyah wows MantonFest's biggest ever crowd
- Coming in July: the twenty-second Marlborough Open Studios Art Trail
- The Third Policeman reports for duty on the Ogbourne Maizey beat - has a bicycle gone missing?
- St Peter's Church recital series ends with three 'old friends playing music together' - actually they're three widely acclaimed musicians
- At Crofton Beam Engines: Wiltshire & World War One...home life & women's role
- A unique exhibition: Katharine House Gallery hosts Peter O’Toole's eclectic collection
- Izzy Bizu to pop into Sound Knowledge during Record Store Day
- Eighty artists show their work ahead of summer Trail
- Work of 80 artists goes on show ahead of Open Studios summer trail
- Young actors make a splash at drama festival
- From cuneiform to graffiti – Swindon Festival of Literature has all writing bases covered
- Theatre-lovers invited to dip into Pond Life
- Marlborough movie lovers getting chance to watch film under the stars
- Away with the fairies – woodland trail is coming to Pewsey
- Festival favourites Dreadzone to play Marlborough gig
- White Horse Bookshop’s Open Art Exhibition to become an annual event