Several hundred Year 8 students from St. John’s, St. Francis and Pewsey Vale School attended the Big School Read today, Thursday September 26 at St John’s Theatre on the Hill to learn more about the creative process of writing. Visiting author Geraldine McCaughrean told the students, “Books are a fire escape from a burning world.”
Welcome arrival in the Vale of Pewsey: new artist's studio inspired by those of Victorian portrait painters
It is just seven months since Rupert Alexander - one of Britain's leading portrait painters - moved with his family from London to a village near Pewsey, and already he is working in his new and specially designed studio.
Savernake photographer Nigel Hudson will be exhibiting 'Savernake Light - Photographs from the Forest' at The White Horse Bookshop between 16 October and 2 November.
Exhibition at Marlborough’s LitFest raises awareness of the work of Save the Children in its centenary yearVisitors to the LitFest this weekend can enjoy an exhibition of work produced by Marlborough St Mary’s pupils on display in the Town Hall. The exhibition highlights the plight of refugees and the work of Save the Children.
Tenth Marlborough LitFest launched with dancing school children dressed as their favourite characters
Fifty-two schoolchildren from Marlborough St Mary's Primary School launched the 2019 Marlborough LitFest with some energetic choreographed dancing - to the delight of many passers by in the High Street.
Children's LitFest: million-selling children's author David Baddiel answers questions from a young fanDavid Baddiel is 55. He is a comedian, novelist, television presenter and the author of some very popular children's books. And it is in that latter guise that he is coming to the tenth Marlborough LitFest - details are below and there are still some tickets left.
More Articles ...
- David White exhibition in London - Osborne Studio Gallery
- The mystical hare in the ancient Wiltshire landscape…a new treasure hunt book
- Marlborough’s LitFest celebrates ten years with a special children’s competition
- Cressida Cowell - children's author, new Children's Laureate, old Marlburian - is coming to LitFest with her very new book
- A Victorian 'DUEL': the young aristocrat won the girl & gambled away a fortune as her jilted fiancé sought revenge across England's racecourses
- How about a little dissection on Sunday? At LitFest's WHAT THE PAPERS SAY they'll be dissecting stories great & small, serious & silly - with live cartooning
- Gunjur with Thriving Through Venture: nine days in hospital - love & friendship always & everywhere - Abbie Hewer's blog
- Gunjur with Thriving Through Venture: vegetables, mosques & spiders - Maisie & Minty's blog
- Gunjur with Thriving Through Venture: Visiting the EU funded Youth Empowerment Programme - Callum's blog
- Gunjur with Thriving Through Venture: How a Gambian family's welcome changed perspectives - George's blog
- Marlborough Rising: Review of Wilding and Flyte at The Town Hall
- Marlborough Rising Talent: an afternoon performance by young local talent - real talents
- Gambia with Thriving Through Venture: the shock of seeing where slaves were held - Libby's blog
- HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO NAPOLEON BONAPARTE! Author to present new view of France's onetime Emperor - & long time British bogeyman - at Marlborough LitFest
- Gunjur with Thriving Through Venture: a medical emergency puts things into perspective - Katie & Emily's blog
- After the storm...food and plastic picking - Minty Mills' blog
- Obituary: Christopher Irby, professional cellist and conductor of the Marlborough Concert Orchestra for many years
- The Festival of Eid Al-Adha - a family occasion that includes the sacrifice of a goat - Callum Roberts and Oli Chandler's blogs
- From chocolat to strawberries - the rich world of Joanne Harris' best-selling stories
- The day we met the High Commissioner - and the goats - Izzy Harte's blog
- We meet migrants who took the back route but failed and returned to Gambia - Maisie Medcalf's blog
- Thriving Through Venture in Gambia - August '19 - George Amos' blog
- Thriving Through Venture in Gambia - August '19 - Jack Hughes and Rhys Rowlands' blog
- Aldbourne Band Secure Exciting Conducting Team for British Open and National Finals
- The deadly ash-dieback disease is spreading into the Marlborough area
- Local charity takes Wiltshire students to The Gambia to help their development
- Amy Sackville's vivid story of Velasquez & King Philip IV
- Swindon's Haydon Artists' Society breaks fresh ground - exhibiting at St Peter's Church
- Ian Rankin is coming to Marlborough LitFest: a firm fan of Messrs Rankin & Rebus explains their lasting appeal
- Take a midlife leap…Marlborough travel company offers midlife volunteering adventures